1/15/2014

The Toucan Squawk, Jan. 13 - Jan. 17

Hello families...I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!  I know I had posted this weekend, but I've just got a couple quick notes. We have continued working on graphs this week.  I'll be pulling some review groups tomorrow after our regular math lesson- I think this is really going to help clear up some confusion on this unit.  I'm also going to plug in double digit homework in the coming weeks- it's always a good thing to review and refresh!

I sent home a copy of your child's STAR report from the end of December.  As a reminder, this helps me identify what level I should start your child on in reading.  This is just the start, because once your child takes their AR tests during the week, I'll start to notice the level is either too high or too low and I'll adjust accordingly.  Of course, the level also has just as much chance to be just right so I won't adjust until the next quarter.  Your child will retake the test at the end of the quarter, and at that time I'll adjust for the following quarter.  On Friday we are having our AR pizza party for the 2nd quarter.  If your student passed their AR goal for at least 7 weeks, then they will be able to participate.  Pizza and juice will be provided for those who will participate.  I already sent home notes for those students.

Friday is the 100th day!!  We're encouraging students to dress in their wackiest and tackiest- and yes, we teachers are definitely participating (gives us an excuse to dress silly, can't get a better reason than that!).  They are also invited to bring in a collection of 100 items- a couple have been brought in and they are AWESOME!  Please also continue to send in those snack items- we'll be making our snack mix on Friday as part of our 100th day rotation activities.




Thank you for all you do!


Elizabeth Townsend
PDS
Second Grade
Elizabeth.townsend@svps.k12.az.us     

0 comments :

Post a Comment