5/23/2014

What a year!

This has been a truly amazing school year, and I'm sad to see the kiddos leave my room.  I've learned so much from each of them, I have a ton of memories to look back on, and experiences which have made this school year one of my favorites (it's a very close second to my first year of teaching 8 years ago!).  Your students have each made fantastic academic progress and I'm very proud of all their successes.

Before you hear it from someone else, I will not be returning next school year.  I've been wanting to move to Colorado for many years now, and I feel the time has come for it to happen- both personally and professionally.  I have loved working for this school district!  At first, I viewed my move from Bella Vista E.S. 4 years ago as a VERY disguised blessing.  As it turned out, it was the best thing to have happened for me at the time, and I feel blessed to have had the chance to be considered a Dust Devil.  PdS has been a fantastic school to work at, and I'm sad to leave it.  I wish I could take everyone with me to CO!  This move will be a learning experience, pushing me further in my passion for teaching.

If you didn't receive your child's report card yesterday, it is in the main school office.  If your student left school prior to Thursday, their personal belongings from their desks are in the main school office as well.
 
Good luck to the kids in 3rd grade, they are all going to be amazing in the coming school year.  Again, many thanks for all of your support and involvement!



Have a great summer vacation with your family wherever the road may take you.


Elizabeth Townsend
PDS
Second Grade

0 comments :

Post a Comment