8/01/2011

Welcome back!

I hope everyone had a fantastic summer with their children!

We've got a busy school year ahead of us, and I'm positive we will have fun learning all of the 2nd grade concepts.  These include double-digit addition and subtraction, the American Revolution, the systems of the Human Body, and how to write a friendly letter.  We'll have lots of time to get to know each other, and I'm definitely looking forward to that.

As the school year gets into fully swing, I'll be sending home my classroom polices (birthdays and behavior to name a couple), so please look out for those.  Each day, your child will bring home their homework folder.  It's imperative to look through this each night for homework and notes.  I'll be posting the class weekly newsletter on here, but there may be some daily notes going home which need to be seen quickly.

Your student will also be assigned some homework the first week- concept reviews for math- and this will be a great time for you and your student to get into the routine of expecting the homework folder to be looked through each night and be returned to school each day.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of the parents at Open House on August 5th, 5:00 - 6:30 PM, and seeing the students again I met on Move Up Day in May.

Until then, enjoy the next few days off.

Welcome to Second Grade!

Second Grade
Pueblo del Sol Elementary School
Sierra Vista, AZ

0 comments :

Post a Comment