2/07/2012

The Toucan Squawk, Feb. 6 - 10

Hello families! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I wanted to clarify something in regards to conferences before I move on to the news. I sent home the progress reports and STAR reports with students who I'm not meeting with, and keeping the reports of those I am meeting with. I am meeting with families I have academic and behavior concerns, as teachers have been alloted only the afternoon of Friday the 10th.  However, if I have not spoken with you regarding having a conference- and you feel there is a need- please don't hesitate to contact me. We can meet in person, or discuss the issue(s) over the phone or email.
Glitteracy is coming up on Friday morning. This event is hosted by Mrs. Wilkinson, the Title One teacher, to promote the importance of literacy with fun activities. The paper I sent home earlier this in regards to Glitteracy stated we will be switching with the other 2nd grade classes. We won't be doing that this year, and will create the crafts and have our read aloud in our classroom.

I have also sent home donation requests with several of the students. As with the 100th Day and our Holiday celebration, I only sent requests home with a few of the students. Please have these donations to the classroom by Friday.

The students have been completing money unit in math. They will be taking an assessment on the two units next Monday (since Friday is a 1/2 day). On Tuesday we'll start a unit on rounding to the nearest 10. In reading, the students are reading a play called "The Bremen Town Musicians". We read it as a class today, but by next Monday the plan is to have the students read it to the rest of the class as a play. The students have also started their unit on the American Revolutionary War, which has been a great finish to their unit on George Washington. They will also be making crafts of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.


Yearbook Orders

The last day to order yearbooks is March 5th.

News
Feb. 10th                Glitteracy
Feb. 10th                1/2 day, early release at 11:45, Parent/Teacher conferences
Feb. 14th                Valentine's Day
Feb. 17th                No school, holiday
Feb. 20th               Presiden'ts Day, no school

Birthdays
Feb. 3rd                 Jewel
Feb. 9th                 Nathan

Mar. 25                  Ana
Mar. 29                  Donté


Have a great week!

Elizabeth Townsend
Second Grade
PDS
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment