11/20/2013

The Toucan Squawk, Nov. 18 - 22

Hello families...I hope everyone has had a great week!  We have finished our turkey writing...the craft came out really cute!  I need to take a picture, and then I'll post it tomorrow.  We have also started and finished a small moment writing, and started on our new writing craft- if Santa was sick!  The students were super excited to start on this writing piece, and to also use our newly learned sentence feature- dialogue!  I've graded the sloppy copies and I have to say I'm really impressed with everyone's writing progress.  I'll be sure to post a picture of their crafts once they are posted on the wall.

In math, the students have finished their unit in polygons and started on comparing expressions- for example, 13 + 4 > 12 + 1.  The students have been comparing both addition and subtraction problems, double and single digit.


News

Nov. 22                  Progress reports go home
Nov. 27 - 29          Thanksgiving Holiday, no school


Thank you for all you do!

Elizabeth Townsend
PDS
Second Grade
Elizabeth.townsend@svps.k12.az.us

0 comments :

Post a Comment